food interaction for ACFEX
alcohol interaction for ACFEX
pregnancy interaction for ACFEX
lactation interaction for ACFEX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ACFEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ACFEX
- SPORIDEX 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.76/capsuleRs. 147.60pay 28% more per capsule
- PHEXIN 500 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.80/capsuleRs. 148pay 28% more per capsule
- CEFF 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 13.40/capsuleRs. 134pay 16% more per capsule
- BLUCEF 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 11.62/capsuleRs. 116.18pay 1% more per capsule
- CEPHAXIN 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 11.99/capsuleRs. 119.88pay 4% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR ACFEX
Frequently asked questions FOR ACFEX
Q. Does cephalexin contain sulfa or penicillin?
Cephalexin does not contain sulfa and is not penicillin. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is cephalexin the same as Keflex, Sporanox, or amoxicillin?
Keflex is a brand name for cephalexin, but Sporanox and amoxicillin are other drugs
Q. Is cephalexin safe?
Cephalexin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take cephalexin with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Dayquil (Phenylephrine, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), or Advil (ibuprofen)?
Yes, you may take cephalexin with Nyquil, Tylenol, Dayquil, Benadryl, Tamiflu, or Advil. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins?
Yes, you can take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins
Q. Can I take cephalexin for a cold?
Cephalexin treats infections caused by bacteria. It does not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu
Q. Does cephalexin treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), staph infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
Cephalexin is not approved to treat STDs and is not active against MRSA. It may be used against staph infections, but is not very effective against bacterial vaginosis.