food interaction for A BEC L
alcohol interaction for A BEC L
pregnancy interaction for A BEC L
lactation interaction for A BEC L
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for A BEC L
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for A BEC L
- ABAMUNE L 600 MG/300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 98.33/tabletRs. 2950same price
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for A BEC L
- Abacavir may cause serious or life-threatening allergic reaction. Stop taking abacavir immediately, if you develop such reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had kidney/ liver disease (including hepatitis), if you smoke/drink large amounts of alcohol, have high blood pressure or diabetes, as abacavir may increase your risk of having a heart attack.
- You should not take abacavir tablets with other products containing abacavir.
- Do not stop taking abacavir even for a short period of time; doing so may worsen your condition.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using abacavir unless you are feeling well.
- Abacavir does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact. Take the required precautions to prevent transmission.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for A BEC L
Q.What is abacavir/ what is abacavir used for/ what is abacavir sulfate/ what is abacavir-lamivudine/ what does abacavir treat?
Abacavir or abacavir sulfate is used to treat HIV infection along with other medications. Abacavir-lamivudine is a combination drug used to treat HIV infection
Q.How does abacavir work/ how does abacavir interfere with reverse transcriptase?
Abacavir works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby decreasing its level in the blood
Q.What is abacavir hypersensitivity reaction/ what is abacavir hypersensitivity?
Abacavir may cause a serious or life-threatening allergic or hypersensitivity reaction. Hypersensitivity reaction symptoms usually includes fever and skin rash, nausea, vomit, diarrhea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, severe tiredness, headache, joint or muscle pain, swelling of the neck, shortness of breath, sore throat, cough and occasionally inflammation of the eye (conjunctivitis), mouth ulcers, low blood pressure, tingling or numbness of the hands or feet. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking abacavir immediately
Q.Is abacavir a protease inhibitor?
Abacavir is not a protease inhibitor. It inhibits the activity of reverse transcriptase
Q.Is abacavir generic?
Abacavir is a generic name.
Q.Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Q.Can lamivudine be crushed?
Lamivudine cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Q.Can lamivudine cause anemia?
Lamivudine may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.