food interaction for 6 MP
alcohol interaction for 6 MP
pregnancy interaction for 6 MP
lactation interaction for 6 MP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for 6 MP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for 6 MP 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking 6 MP 50 MG TABLET
- 81%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Week
- 6%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for 6 MP
- PURINETONE 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 6.62/tabletRs. 66.25save 12% more per tablet
Expert advice for 6 MP
- Do not drink milk or consume milk product while taking mercaptopurine.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with mercaptopurine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering conditions like chickenpox, infections, and kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform doctors that you are taking mercaptopurine if you are planning to undergo surgery, including dental surgery.
- Stop taking mercaptopurine and inform your doctor if you see signs of infection, bleeding issues like blood spots in stools and skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mercaptopurine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient Breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for 6 MP
Q.Is mercaptopurine a steroid?
No, Mercaptopurine is not a steroid
Q.Is mercaptopurine safe?
Mercaptopurine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does mercaptopurine affect fertility?
Mercaptopurine may cause loss of fertility.