It is used to treat diarrhea, especially in kids. It is a common probiotic recommended for children. It is also used to treat diarrhea associated with antibiotics and improve your gut health. It is known to help restore the healthy “good” microbes in the intestine which aid in maintaining gut function.
It is a probiotic health supplement. Probiotics are living organisms (microbes), which are beneficial for our health when consumed in large quantities. It contains Saccharomyces boulardii CNCM I 745 (250mg) as a major ingredient. S. boulardii CNCM I745 is a probiotic drug that is the most studied probiotic in childhood diarrhea. When taken orally, these microbes reach the intestine, colonize the gut lining and suppress the growth of harmful pathogens. This helps our gut to maintain a healthy balance of good microbes.
A healthy child’s body consists of good and bad microbes, good microbes like probiotics play an essential role in digestive, metabolic, and immune function. Most gastrointestinal diseases are a result of an imbalance of good and bad microbes which become the cause of upset tummy in many children as they get easily infected by bacteria and viruses. This in turn can lead to a frequent urge to pass watery stools, dehydration weakness, nausea, and vomiting.
It is advised to take this supplement as directed by your doctor. If you are taking this along with antibiotics, make sure to maintain a time gap of at least 2 hours for effective results. It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case you experience any symptoms or side effects, then it is wise to get in touch with your doctor.
Lyophillized Saccharomyces boulardii/CNCM-I745: 250 mg
Key benefits of Econorm Sachet:
- Helps in the treatment of acute infectious diarrhea/loose motion in children and adults
- Known to prevent and treat antibiotic-associated colitis and diarrhea, in addition to vancomycin/metronidazole treatment
- Can be used to prevent the recurrence of Clostridium difficile diseases
- Acts as a powerful probiotic that helps to increase the percentage of "Good Bacteria"
- Helps to immediately normalize the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and balance the metabolic function
- Strengthens the immunity and overall gut health
- Improves your symptoms from the second day itself and brings relief to the kid
- Reduces the efforts and excess use of diapers
- Maintains and helps to gain weight with prevention from future episodes of loose motions
Directions for use:
You can take one or two sachets twice daily or as directed by the physician. Remember, this medicine should be administered orally, directly, or mixed with water or beverage. Do not mix in very cold or hot liquids.
Quick tips for Econorm Sachet:
- Pour the whole contents of the sachets into a glass and dilute it with water, milk, tea, or orange juice.
- Once open, consume it within a short period to avoid contamination of the powder.
- It must not be used if you have hypersensitivity towards the components used or other closely-related substances.
- If taken during antibiotic therapy, the product should be administered in the interval between two subsequent doses of antibiotics.
- Remember that the correct and careful administration increases its therapeutic effect.
- While there are no problems associated with missing a dose, it is advisable to complete the daily dose for best results.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- This formulation contains living cells, and therefore it should not be mixed with very hot (over 50° C), iced or alcoholic drinks, or food.
- The treatment with Saccharomyces boulardii does not replace rehydration.
- The patient should be appropriately rehydrated depending on the severity of diarrhea, age, and the state of health of the patient.
- This formulation is fungal in nature which is why it should not be administered with systemic or oral antifungal drugs.
Side effects of Econorm Sachet:
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. Excessive doses are not known to cause any side effects, but it is better to follow the recommended doses. Also, it is recommended to discontinue its use if you experience any unwanted symptoms immediately after its usage.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Store below 25° C, protected from light and moisture.
- Store in a cool‚ dry and dark place.
FAQs related to Econorm Sachet:
Q. What is Econorm?
Econorm is a powder probiotic that improves digestion, enhances immunity, and promotes gut health. It is used to treat diarrhea, especially in kids. It is a common probiotic recommended for children. It is also used to treat antibiotic-associated diarrhea and improve your gut health. It is known to help in restoring the healthy “good” microbes in the intestine, thereby aiding in maintaining gut function.
Q. Is Econorm a probiotic?
Yes, Econorm is a probiotic that helps in restoring the healthy microbiota balance in the stomach.
Q. How does a probiotic work?
Your body maintains a natural balance of good and bad bacteria. Probiotics help to maintain this delicate balance of your stomach bacteria as well as act directly on cells in the digestive system.
Q. Is Econorm effective?
Econorm helps to reduce the frequency of stools and increase the consistency of stool by the very next day. Experts agree that daily consumption of probiotics is very beneficial for health. Evidence suggests that adding probiotics as a part of an overall balanced diet and healthy lifestyle can help support your immune and digestive system.
Q. What are the side effects of Econorm?
There are no reported side effects of using Econorm. However, it is advised to discontinue its use if you experience any unwanted symptoms immediately after its usage.
Q. How do you administer Econorm?
Econorm can be used directly by opening the sachet or mixing it with any liquid or food of your choice. Two sachets of Econorm should be taken for 5 days to get effective results.
Q. What is the age required to take Econorm?
Econorm sachets can be given to people of all age groups right from 2 months onwards.
Q. Where is Econorm available?
Econorm is available at a chemist near you and on all leading online pharmacy portals.
Q. Can I take Econorm along with Antibiotics?
Yes, Econorm is the only recommended probiotic drug that can be taken along with antibiotics. Econorm is a yeast-based probiotic, a unique characteristic NOT killed by any antibiotic. It also helps in the treatment and prevention of AAD (Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea).References:
- Kelesidis T, Pothoulakis C. Efficacy and safety of the probiotic Saccharomyces boulardii for the prevention and therapy of gastrointestinal disorders. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology. 2012;5(2):111-125.