Information about Saccharomyces boulardii
Saccharomyces boulardii uses
Saccharomyces boulardii is used in the treatment of diarrhoea, infectious diarrhoea and diarrhoea associated with antibiotics.
How saccharomyces boulardii works
Saccharomyces boulardii is a live micro-organism, when given in adequate amount, provides health benefits. It restores the balance of good bacteria (microorganisms) in the intestine that may get upset with the use of antibiotics or due to intestinal infections.
Common side effects of saccharomyces boulardii
Available Medicine for Saccharomyces boulardii
- ₹38Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Shrey Nutraceuticals & Herbals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Saccharomyces boulardii
- Avoid taking Saccharomyces boulardii along with steroids (medications that weaken the immune system) as they might increase the chances of getting sick.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Take Saccharomyces boulardii at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. This is because taking Saccharomyces boulardii along with the antibiotics can reduce their effectiveness.