food interaction for ZOPHOST
alcohol interaction for ZOPHOST
pregnancy interaction for ZOPHOST
lactation interaction for ZOPHOST
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOPHOST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZOPHOST
- RESTOFOS 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.21/tabletRs. 62.07pay 55% more per tablet
- ALENOST 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 23% more per tablet
- ALENFOS 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Marc Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 50% more per tablet
- Dr. B. K. SinghMBBS, MS, MS
- Dr. Dharmendra SinghMBBS, Diploma, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Arvind MehraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Neeraj YadavMBBS, MS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Naresh PanditaMBBS, MS, MCh
Expert advice for ZOPHOST
Notify your doctor immediately if you are or become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ZOPHOST
Q.Is alendronic acid safe/ dangerous/ a biphosphate/ a steroid/ vitamin D?
Alendronic acid belongs to class of medications called bisphosphonates. It is not a steroid or vitamin D. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/ paracetamol with alendronic acid?
Avoid taking alendronic acid with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen and paracetamol as it increases the gastrointestinal related side effects
Q.Does alendronic acid affect your teeth?
Alendronic acid is not known to affect the teeth. However, bone damage in the jaw (osteonecrosis) generally associated with delayed healing and infection is known to occur following tooth extraction
Q.Does alendronic acid contain calcium/ vitamin D?
Alendronic acid does not contain calcium and vitamin D. You doctor may ask to take calcium or vitamin D
Q.Does alendronic acid cause cancer/ hair loss/ make you tired/ increase in blood pressure?
Alendronic acid has a side effect of causing hair loss and tiredness. However, it is not known to cause cancer or increase in blood pressure. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.