food interaction for ZOCON T
alcohol interaction for ZOCON T
pregnancy interaction for ZOCON T
lactation interaction for ZOCON T
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOCON T
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZOCON T KIT 150MG/1000MG TABLET
Patients taking ZOCON T KIT 150MG/1000MG TABLET
- 73%Once A Day
- 27%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZOCON T
- NUFORCE 150 MG/1000 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 10.09/tabletRs. 10.09save 37% more per tablet
- FUSYS TZ TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 17.08/tabletRs. 51.23pay 7% more per tablet
- ANTIF X 150MG/1000MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Litaka Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 42.50/tabletRs. 42.50pay 166% more per tablet
- Dr. Urvashi RatheeMBBS, MD
- Dr. Beena MukteshMBBS, Diploma, DNB, MD
- Dr. Aruna KalraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Veena BhatMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Bindu GargMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZOCON T
- Do not start or continue fluconazole and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant, suspect you might be pregnant or are breast feeding.
- do not start or continue fluconazole and consult your doctor, If you have penile sores, ulcers or blisters or if you have an abnormal penile discharge (leakage), if you have pain on passing urine or if your penis has started to smell (odor).
- Consult your doctor if the symptoms have not been relieved within one week of taking fluconazole.
- Do not take alcohol while you are having this medication.
- If you're on birth control pills, Fluconazole can make them less effective. Consider using another method (condoms, diaphragms) along with the pills.
Frequently asked questions for ZOCON T
Q.Are fluconazole/ Flucos 150/Zocon kit/ Forcan/Syscan150 safe?
Yes, fluconazole (also available Flucos 150/Zocon kit/ Forcan/Syscan150) is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is fluconazole a steroid?
No, fluconazole is not a steroid. It belongs to bis-triazole class of antifungal agents
Q.Can fluconazole be used for conditions such as UTI (urinary tract infections), BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms, bladder infections?
Fluconazole can be taken in fungal infections of the urinary tract, which themselves are rare. Fluconazole is not recommended in BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms and bladder infections
Q.Can fluconazole be taken with oral contraceptives or birth control pills?
Yes, fluconazole can be taken with contraceptives and birth control pills
Q.Can fluconazole be taken with drugs such as azithromycin and metronidazole?
Yes, fluconazole can be safely taken with azithromycin and metronidazole. A combination kit with agents of similar class is available for vaginal infections
Q.Can fluconazole cause hair loss?
No, fluconazole does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q.Is tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q.Is tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q.Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q.Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q.Does tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking tinidazole.