food interaction for ZOCEF
alcohol interaction for ZOCEF
pregnancy interaction for ZOCEF
lactation interaction for ZOCEF
Avoid Zocef 125 mg syrup with dietary sodium.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZOCEF
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ZOCEF 125 MG SYRUP
Patients taking ZOCEF 125 MG SYRUP
- 64%Twice A Day
- 27%Thrice A Day
- 9%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZOCEF
- CEFAKIND 125 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 3.86/ML of syrupRs. 115.79save 30% more per ML of syrup
- ZEFU 125 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)FDC LtdRs. 4.32/ML of syrupRs. 129.50save 22% more per ML of syrup
- CEFOXIM 125 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 4.43/ML of syrupRs. 132.92save 19% more per ML of syrup
- CEFUTAB O 125MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Sanjivani Parenteral LtdRs. 4.13/ML of syrupRs. 124.03save 25% more per ML of syrup
- CEFIMUN 125MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Intellect LifescienceRs. 2.70/ML of syrupRs. 80.95save 51% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR ZOCEF
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZOCEF
Q. Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q. Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q. Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.