Medicine Overview of ZEVID D DROP
Uses of Ofloxacin
Side effects of Ofloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
How to use Ofloxacin
How ZEVID D DROP works
Side effects of Dexamethasone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract.
How to use Dexamethasone
How ZEVID D DROP works
In Depth Information on ZEVID D DROP
Expert advice for Ofloxacin
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Expert advice for Dexamethasone
- Do not use dexamethasone, if you are allergic to it in case of eye drops, do not touch the tip of dispenser to an eye or eyelid.
- Do not use dexamethasone eye drops if you have glaucoma or diabetes.
- Do not stop using dexamethasone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
- Do not use dexamethasone oral solution:you have a fungal infection that affects entire body if you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexamethasone oral solution, if you have kidney or liver problems or if you have high blood pressure, heart disease or you have recently had a heart attack.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Patients experiencing undesirable effects like vertigo, vision disorders or muscle weakness ,should avoid driving vehicles or using machines.