Information about Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone
Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone Uses
Ofloxacin+Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone works
Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone is a combination of two medicines: Ofloxacin and Dexamethasone. Ofloxacin is an antibiotic which prevents bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. This treats your infection. Dexamethasone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause redness, swelling and itching.
Common side effects of Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone
Eye irritation, Eye discomfort
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone
Candibiotic ABGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹11 to ₹252 variant(s)
Oflacin DXMicro Labs Ltd
Oxop DCentaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
OfrondLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Flan DXPharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd
₹13 to ₹302 variant(s)
Oflozen DKlar Sehen Pvt Ltd
Ofc DXJawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone
- Ofloxacin + Dexamethasone is used for the treatment of bacterial infection and inflammation of the eye.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface to avoid contamination.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- Do not wear contact lenses until your infection clears up.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if your condition hasn't improved after seven days of treatment.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.