food interaction for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
lactation interaction for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
- EMSOLONE 5 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Medo PharmaRs. 0.63/tabletRs. 12.60save 16% more per tablet
- NUCORT 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 15.93/tabletRs. 159.28pay 2024% more per tablet
- OMNACORTIL MD 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.05/tabletRs. 10.53pay 40% more per tablet
- ACTICORT 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.50/tabletRs. 5save 33% more per tablet
- DELSONE 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 0.57/tabletRs. 5.75save 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
Expert advice for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.Inform your doctor: If you have heart, kidney or liver disease, mental disorders or depression, mania or bi-polar disorder, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience low level of alertness after taking prednisolone. The drug can weaken your immune system, making it easier for you to get an infection or worsening an infection you already have or have recently had. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using prednisolone.
- Do not stop using prednisolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Do not keep the eye drops in freezer.
- Do not stop using prednisolone eye drops suddenly after long-term use without first talking to your doctor.
- Do not allow the dropper tip to touch any surface, including the eyes or hands. If the dropper becomes contaminated it could cause an infection in your eye, which can lead to vision loss or serious damage to the eye.
Frequently asked questions for ZENCORT 5MG TABLET
Q.Is prednisolone a steroid, pain-killer, or an anti-inflammatory drug?
Prednisolone is a steroid anti-inflammatory drug. However, it is not a pain-killer
Q.Is prednisolone the same as prednisone?
No. Prednisolone is the active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids used for different indications
Q.Can I take prednisolone for whooping cough or chest infection?
No, prednisolone is not used for whooping cough or chest infection
Q.Is prednisolone safe?
Yes. Prednisolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.How long can I take corticosteroids for?
It is advisable to take the drug for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop the treatment abruptly or take for a longer period than recommended.
Q.Does prednisolone cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne, or drowsiness?
Yes. Prednisolone may cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne or drowsiness. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.