Information about Prednisolone
How Prednisolone works
Prednisolone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Prednisolone
Mood changes, Behavioural changes, Edema (swelling), Upset stomach, Weight gain, Glucose intolerance, High blood pressure, Increased appetite
Available Medicine for Prednisolone
₹10 to ₹516 variant(s)
OmnacortilMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹6 to ₹5612 variant(s)
Pred ForteAllergan India Pvt Ltd
MethpredTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹275 to ₹12653 variant(s)
₹11 to ₹234 variant(s)
NucortMankind Pharma Ltd
₹6 to ₹1565 variant(s)
CatapredSunways India Pvt Ltd
DelsonePsychotropics India Ltd
₹5 to ₹456 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prednisolone
- Prednisolone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Prednisolone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Prednisolone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Prednisolone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.