food interaction for ZAPACID
alcohol interaction for ZAPACID
pregnancy interaction for ZAPACID
lactation interaction for ZAPACID
medicine interaction for ZAPACID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZAPACID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZAPACID
- LAN 30MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.30/capsuleRs. 83pay 23% more per capsule
- LANSPRO 30MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt LtdRs. 10.30/capsuleRs. 103pay 53% more per capsule
- LANPRO 30 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 7.58/capsuleRs. 75.80pay 13% more per capsule
- LANCID 30MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.70/capsuleRs. 67same price
- ZES 30 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Deys MedicalRs. 4.80/capsuleRs. 48save 29% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR ZAPACID
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Lansoprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Lansoprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Take Lansoprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Lansoprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZAPACID
Q. Is lansoprazole/ prevacid the same as omeprazole or pantoprazole?
Prevacid is the brand name of lansoprazole. Lansoprazole, omeprazole and pantoprazole belong to a group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors and are used to reduce acid content of the stomach. They treat the same kind of diseases, but are used in different doses and dosage forms. Please consult your doctor for the most appropriate medicine for you
Q. Is lansoprazole an antibiotic?
Lansoprazole is not an antibiotic. It belongs to group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors and is used to reduce acid content of the stomach, and the diseases associated with excessive acid production. It may however, be used in combination with antibiotics for treating certain types of stomach and gut ulcers
Q. Is lansoprazole available over the counter?
Yes, lansoprazole available over the counter
Q. Is lansoprazole gluten free?
Yes, lansoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to the information available on the tablet strip for contents of individual brands
Q. Is lansoprazole generic?
Yes, It is available in the generic form
Q. Is lansoprazole dangerous?
Lansoprazole is a safe drug when taken at doses and for a duration prescribed by your doctor. It has certain side-effects, the commonest one being headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, stomach ache, constipation, vomiting, gas, dry mouth or throat, liver toxicity, rash due to allergy, itching, rash, unusual tiredness. Long term use can cause weakness and fracture of bones
Q. Can I take lansoprazole for heartburn?
Yes lansoprazole is used for heartburn
Q. Can I take lansoprazole forever/ how long can I take lansoprazole for/ can you take lansoprazole for life?
If you take lansoprazole for longer duration (more than a year) your doctor will probably keep you under regular surveillance, as long term use can cause thinning, weakening and fracture of bones. Take lansopraxole only at the dose and for duration advised by your doctor and report any new and exceptional symptoms and circumstances
Q. Can you take lansoprazole for IBS?
Lansoprazole may be one of the medicines given for symptomatic relief of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome
Q. Is lansoprazole a vesicant?
No, lansoprazole is not a vesicant
Q. Can I take lansoprazole with amoxicillin/ naproxen/ citalopram/ sertraline/ ciprofloxacin/ doxycycline/ ramipril/ gabapentin/ Gaviscon?
Lansoprazole may interfere with the absorption of amoxicillin/ maproxen/ citalopram/sertraline/ ciprofloxacin/ doxycycline/ ramipril/ gabapentin from the gut. Maintain sufficient gap if these medicines are to be taken together. Gaviscon and lansoprazole are not to be taken together, as Gaviscon interferes with the action of lansoprazole. Please consult your doctor before taking other medicines along with lansoprazole
Q. Does lansoprazole cause hair loss or dry mouth or make you tired?
Yes. All these are side effects of lansoprazole
Q. Does lansoprazole make you burp?
No, lansoprazole dose not make you burp
Q. Does lansoprazole make you hungry?
No, lansoprazole does not make you hungry
Q. Does lansoprazole cause cancer?
No, lansoprazole does not cause cancer.