food interaction for XALIBO
alcohol interaction for XALIBO
pregnancy interaction for XALIBO
lactation interaction for XALIBO
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR XALIBO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR XALIBO
- DECITEX 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7673.45/injectionRs. 7673.45save 2% more per injection
- DECZUBA 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7428.57/injectionRs. 7428.57save 5% more per injection
- DACOGEN 50MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Johnson & Johnson LtdRs. 80000/ML of injectionRs. 80000pay 926% more per ML of injection
- DECITAS 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8096.18/injectionRs. 8096.18pay 4% more per injection
Expert advice FOR XALIBO
- You should undergo frequent examinations of complete blood count before every dosing cycle to check development of neutropenia (abnormally low white blood cell count) or thrombocytopenia (abnormally low count of platelets in the blood).
- You should regularly be monitor and treated accordingly for signs and symptoms of infections or any unusual bleeding as decitabine is known to suppress the activity of the immune system and affects blood clotting functions.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy while on decitabine therapy. Consult your doctor if you get to know that you are pregnant.
Frequently asked questions FOR XALIBO
Q. Is decitabine a vesicant?
Decitabine is not a vesicant and is not known to cause severe local tissue damage upon extravasation (leaking of injected decitabine into the surrounding tissues from the site of administration) when injected
Q. How effective is decitabine?
The effectiveness of decitabine depends upon several factors including the patient's clinical condition, number of treatment cycles etc. and may vary depending upon the individual response
Q. Does decitabine cause hair loss?
Yes. Hair loss (alopecia) is among the known side effects of decitabine
Q. How is decitabine administered?
Decitabine comes as a powder to be to be added to fluid and injected slowly over 3 hours into a vein (slow i.v infusion) by a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer in a hospital or a clinic.