Information about Decitabine
How Decitabine works
Decitabine interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of Decitabine
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Fever, Lung infection, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Nosebleeds, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Low blood platelets, Diarrhea, Pneumonia
Available Medicine for Decitabine
XaliboDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
DecitasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3562 to ₹42502 variant(s)
DecitexSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
DeczubaGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NatdecitaNatco Pharma Ltd
DecitaxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
DecimaGetwell Oncology Pvt Ltd
DecintasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3180 to ₹42502 variant(s)
MylodecCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹126 to ₹42002 variant(s)
DacogenJohnson & Johnson Ltd
Expert advice for Decitabine
- Decitabine is used for the treatment of cancer of the blood.
- It is given via a drip into a vein (intravenously).
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood and urine tests done to monitor your blood cells, kidney and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.