food interaction for WISFAST
alcohol interaction for WISFAST
pregnancy interaction for WISFAST
lactation interaction for WISFAST
SALT INFORMATION for WISFAST
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for WISFAST
- ULTRACID M 400 MG/20 MG SUSPENSION(170 ML suspension in bottle)Obsurge Biotech LtdRs. 0.38/ML of suspensionRs. 64.90pay 81% more per ML of suspension
- MAGLID 400MG/20MG SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.35/ML of suspensionRs. 70pay 66% more per ML of suspension
- XYLANTA 400MG/20MG SUSPENSION(170 ML suspension in bottle)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.31/ML of suspensionRs. 53pay 48% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for WISFAST
- The Magaldrate should be used only for occasional relief from increased stomach acid. Do not take it for more than 2 weeks, unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid Magaldrate, if you show signs of appendicitis or inflammed bowel (such as lower abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, nausea, vomiting). Please consult your doctor.
- Do not take the Magaldrate at least 2 hours before or after taking other medicines. It may interact with other medicines.
Frequently asked questions for WISFAST
Q.What is magaldrate and simethicone?
Magaldrate and simethicone are used as antacid and antiflatulent drug in combination therapy. Magaldrate works by neutralizing stomach acid and simethicone works by eliminating the gas from stomach.
Q.Is simethicone antacid?
No. Simethicone is not an antacid. But it is used in preparations which are used as antacid
Q.Does it contain aspirin?
It does not contain aspirin
Q.Is simethicone available over the counter?
Yes. Simethicone is sold over the counter without a prescription
Q.Is simethicone gluten free?
Yes. Simethicone is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is simethicone safe?
Yes. Simethicone is relatively safe
Q.Is it safe for babies?
Safe for infants and babies, if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is it safe to take simethicone daily?
It is advisable to take simethicone only as per the instructions of the doctor
Q.Is simethicone good for gas?
Yes. Simethicone is effective in the treatment of gas
Q.Does it have any side effects?
It does not have any known serious side-effects
Q.Can I take simethicone with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol, or Depakote?
Yes. Simethicone can be taken with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) or Depakote (divalproate sodium), if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does simethicone cause nausea or constipation?
Simethicone is not known to cause nausea or constipation. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is simethicone effective against acid reflux?
Simethicone is effective in controlling acid reflux if combined with an antacid.