food interaction for VISCODYNE D
alcohol interaction for VISCODYNE D
pregnancy interaction for VISCODYNE D
lactation interaction for VISCODYNE D
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VISCODYNE D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for VISCODYNE D 0.8MG/10MG SYRUP
Patients taking VISCODYNE D 0.8MG/10MG SYRUP
- 35%Once A Day
- 30%Thrice A Day
- 15%Alternate Day
- 15%Twice A Day
- 5%Once A Week
SUBSTITUTES for VISCODYNE DNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for VISCODYNE D
- Use levocetirizine with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Levocetrizine can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for VISCODYNE D
Q.Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required
Q.Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is levocetirizine a narcotic or steroid?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or steroid
Q.Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.
Q.Is dextromethorphan a steroid/an opiate/an antihistamine/ a narcotic/an NSAID/a controlled substance/contain alcohol/have codeine?
Dextromethorphan is a decongestant and not a steroid, antihistamine, opiate, NSAID or narcotic, but can have addictive effects if taken at large doses than recommended. It does not contain codeine or alcohol. It is not a controlled substance
Q.Does dextromethorphan work/ how much dextromethorphan can i take for cough?
Dextromethorphan works for most of the patient. It should be taken in amounts exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Cough medicine is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended
Q.Is dextromethorphan safe/ does dextromethorphan makes you sleepy/make you tired/ raise blood sugar?
Dextromethorphan causes mild sedation effect thus can make you feel sleepy. It does not raise blood sugar or make you tired. Dextromethorphan is generally safe if taken at recommended doses and duration
Q.Can i take dextromethorphan with high blood pressure/ safe for high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure/ thin blood?
Though it isn't reported, but it should be used carefully in people with high blood pressure, as dextromethorphan may cause high blood pressure and the effectiveness of dextromethorphan is decreased by high blood pressure medications
Q.Can I take dextromethorphan with benzonatate/acetaminophen/codeine/ibuprofen/ diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/guaifenesin/Tamiflu/Benadryl?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor's advice before taking any medicine with dextromethorphan.