food interaction for VASOTOP
alcohol interaction for VASOTOP
pregnancy interaction for VASOTOP
lactation interaction for VASOTOP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VASOTOP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VASOTOP
- NIMODIP 30 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)USV LtdRs. 14.60/tabletRs. 146pay 143% more per tablet
- NIMOCER 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.10/tabletRs. 141pay 135% more per tablet
- NIMODEC 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 8.90/tabletRs. 89pay 48% more per tablet
- NIMPOD 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.09/tabletRs. 90.91pay 52% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for VASOTOP
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nimodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nimodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nimodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nimodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for VASOTOP
Q.How does nimodipine work/prevent vasospasm?
Nimodipine relaxes and widens the blood vessels so that blood can flow easily through them thereby improving the blood supply to the brain, and preventing vasospasm (reflex narrowing of blood vessels caused by bleeding)
Q.What is nimodipine?
Nimodipine is used to prevent further damage to/changes in brain function after subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).