Medicine Overview of Vasotop Tablet
Uses of Vasotop Tablet
Vasotop 30mg Tablet is used in the treatment of subarachnoid haemorrhage.
Side effects of Vasotop Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Vasotop Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Vasotop 30mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Vasotop Tablet works
Vasotop 30mg tablet is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the blood vessel of the brain. This prevents changes in brain function after bleeding around the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage).
In Depth Information on Vasotop Tablet
Expert advice for Vasotop Tablet
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Special precautions for Vasotop 30mg Tablet
Taking Nimodipine with alcohol may have additive effects in+more
lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vasotop 30mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Vasotop 30mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Vasotop 30mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Vasotop 30mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Vasotop 30mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Vasotop+more
30mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Barbinol 20mg/5ml Syrup, Itragreat 200mg Capsule, Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Azibey 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Nimodipine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Vasotop 30mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Nimodipine
Vasotop relaxes and widens the blood vessels so that blood can flow easily through them thereby improving the blood supply to the brain, and preventing vasospasm (reflex narrowing of blood vessels caused by bleeding)
Vasotop is used to prevent further damage to/changes in brain function after subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).
User Submitted Feedback For Vasotop 30mg Tablet
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Vasotop 30mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”