food interaction for VALENT-H
alcohol interaction for VALENT-H
pregnancy interaction for VALENT-H
lactation interaction for VALENT-H
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VALENT-H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR VALENT-H TABLET
Patients taking VALENT-H TABLET
- 95%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Week
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR VALENT-H
- VALZAAR-H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.70/tabletRs. 137pay 30% more per tablet
- CO DIOVAN FCT 80MG/12.5MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 44.07/tabletRs. 617pay 318% more per tablet
- CO DIOVAN 80 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 44.07/tabletRs. 617pay 318% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR VALENT-H
- Valsartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Valsartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Valsartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Valsartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR VALENT-H
Q. Is valsartan an ace inhibitor, beta blocker, statin, blood thinner, or ARB?
Valsartan is not an ace inhibitor, beta blocker, statin, or blood thinner drug. It is an angiotensin-II receptor blocker (ARB)
Q. Is valsartan the same as Diovan?
Yes, Diovan is the brand name for valsartan
Q. Is valsartan generic?
Yes, valsartan is a generic drug
Q. Can I take valsartan with Tylenol (acetaminophen), Viagra (sildenafil), Advil (ibuprofen) or amlodipine?
Valsartan should not be given with Advil. It is not reported to interact with Tylenol, Viagra, or amlodipine. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does valsartan cause weight gain, cough, dry mouth, insomnia, itching, hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), or lower heart rate?
Valsartan may cause cough, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, or lower heart rate. It generally not been shown to cause dry mouth, insomnia, itching, or hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. Is valsartan safe?
Valsartan is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.