Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Valsartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Valsartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How valsartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Valsartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of valsartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Taste change, Diarrhea, Stomach upset, Dizziness, Decreased blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Increased blood uric acid, Glucose intolerance
Available Medicine for Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹135 to ₹291Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹115Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹677 to ₹930Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹677 to ₹847Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹160Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.