food interaction for TRIQUILAR
alcohol interaction for TRIQUILAR
pregnancy interaction for TRIQUILAR
lactation interaction for TRIQUILAR
Taking Ethinyl Estradiol with alcohol can cause minor side effects
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TRIQUILAR
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
- Stopping ovaries from releasing an egg.
- Preventing sperm from fertilizing any egg that may have already released.
- Stopping a fertilized egg from attaching itself to womb lining.
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TRIQUILAR TABLET
Patients taking TRIQUILAR TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR TRIQUILARNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR TRIQUILAR
- Inform your doctor if you have had a uterus removal procedure or have any problems of the uterus (uterine fibroids, hyperplasia of the endometrium, uterus cancer).
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of blood clotting disorder, liver problems, gall bladder disorders (e.g. gall stones), high blood pressure, diabetes, hearing problems, breast cancer, heart problems, high levels of fats in blood or migraine.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain in your chest that spreads to arm or neck, unexplained migraine-type headaches, with or without disturbed vision, painful swelling in your leg, sudden chest pain and difficulty breathing.
- Ensure that you undergo regular breast screening (for presence of lumps or any abnormal changes) and cervical smear test while taking ethinylestradiol.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ethinylestradiol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having recent blood clotting problems or related conditions like heart attack.
- Do not take if suffering from breast or uterus cancer.
- Do not take if suffering from untreated enlargement of inner wall of uterus (endometrial hyperplasia).
- Patients who have or had liver diseases (e.g. jaundice).
- Do not take if having any disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
Frequently asked questions FOR TRIQUILAR
Q. Is ethinylestradiol good for acne?
Ethinylestradiol may help in acne treatment. However, it is strongly recommended that you consult your doctor for advice on best treatment option suitable your condition and needs.
Q. Is levonorgestrel progesterone/ a steroid/effective/does levonorgestrel work/work during ovulation/ prevent implantation?
Levonorgestrel is synthetic progesterone, a steroid. It decreases the secretion of hormones and thereby inhibits ovulation. It also inhibits implantation (the point when a fertilized egg embeds in the uterine wall, where it will grow and develop into an embryo). It is effective (almost 84%) and works better if taken as soon as or within 72 hours after unprotected sex or failure of usual contraception
Q. Is levonorgestrel a combination pill?
Levonorgestrel may be given alone or in a formulation that also contains estradiol
Q. Is levonorgestrel androgenic?
Levonorgestrel has high progestational and androgenic effects. The level of the androgenic effect refers to the chance of unwanted side effects such as acne and hirsutism (female unwanted hair growth)
Q. Is levonorgestrel over the counter?
Levonorgestrel is available as both over the counter and as per doctor's prescription
Q. Does levonorgestrel expire?
Like every medicine, levonorgestrel also has an expiry date.