food interaction for TOSSEX DMR
alcohol interaction for TOSSEX DMR
pregnancy interaction for TOSSEX DMR
lactation interaction for TOSSEX DMR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TOSSEX DMR
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TOSSEX DMR 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP
Patients taking TOSSEX DMR 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP
- 67%Thrice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR TOSSEX DMR
- PIRITON CS 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.78/ML of syrupRs. 77.65pay 8% more per ML of syrup
- NORVENT D 4MG/10MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt LtdRs. 0.90/ML of syrupRs. 89.50pay 24% more per ML of syrup
- CHESTON CS 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 0.59/ML of syrupRs. 59.50save 17% more per ML of syrup
- DILO DX 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.52/ML of syrupRs. 51.70save 28% more per ML of syrup
- HISTOLIN DX 4MG/10MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Lincoln Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.50/ML of syrupRs. 49.90save 31% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR TOSSEX DMR
- Do not start or continue the chlorpheniramine tablets and consult your doctor, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of chlorpheniramine tablet.
- Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take for longer than 7 days in a row. Talk with your doctor, if your symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment, or if you have a fever with a headache or skin rash.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking chlorpheniramine because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR TOSSEX DMR
Q. Does chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Chlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor, if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Is chlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, chlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q. Is chlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor’s prescription only
Q. Can I take chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate with Panadol/ cetirizine /Zyrtec/ Allegra/ warfarin/ diphenhydramine/ ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of chlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does chlorpheniramine contain aspirin?
No, it does not contain aspirin in it. Chlorpheniramine is a different drug than aspirin.
Q. Is dextromethorphan a steroid/an opiate/an antihistamine/ a narcotic/an NSAID/a controlled substance/contain alcohol/have codeine?
Dextromethorphan is a decongestant and not a steroid, antihistamine, opiate, NSAID or narcotic, but can have addictive effects if taken at large doses than recommended. It does not contain codeine or alcohol. It is not a controlled substance
Q. Does dextromethorphan work/ how much dextromethorphan can i take for cough?
Dextromethorphan works for most of the patient. It should be taken in amounts exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Cough medicine is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended
Q. Is dextromethorphan safe/ does dextromethorphan makes you sleepy/make you tired/ raise blood sugar?
Dextromethorphan causes mild sedation effect thus can make you feel sleepy. It does not raise blood sugar or make you tired. Dextromethorphan is generally safe if taken at recommended doses and duration
Q. Can i take dextromethorphan with high blood pressure/ safe for high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure/ thin blood?
Though it isn't reported, but it should be used carefully in people with high blood pressure, as dextromethorphan may cause high blood pressure and the effectiveness of dextromethorphan is decreased by high blood pressure medications
Q. Can I take dextromethorphan with benzonatate/acetaminophen/codeine/ibuprofen/ diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/guaifenesin/Tamiflu/Benadryl?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor's advice before taking any medicine with dextromethorphan.