food interaction for TOPMETRO
alcohol interaction for TOPMETRO
pregnancy interaction for TOPMETRO
lactation interaction for TOPMETRO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TOPMETRO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TOPMETRONo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TOPMETRO
- Do not engage in vaginal intercourse while on treatment with metronidazole intravaginal gel.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to metronidazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for TOPMETRO
Q.Is metronidazole topical safe?
Yes, metronidazole topical is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does metronidazole topical cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole topical cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections.