Medicine Overview of Temotide Tablet
Temotide 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of brain tumor
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Hair loss, Viral infection, Convulsion, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Fever, Decreased white blood cell count, Low blood platelets, Coordination disorder, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Constipation, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased white blood cell count (lymphocytes), Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body), Memory loss.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Temotide 100mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
Temotide 100mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Temotide Tablet
- Swallow full tablets on an empty stomach, one hour before your meal.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of opportunistic infections (such as Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia) and reactivation of infections (such as hepatitis B virus) Using temozolomide may increase your risk of developing certain types of bone marrow cancer. Be aware about your specific risk.
- You may be given medication to prevent nausea or other side effects while you are receiving temozolomide.
- Your blood will be tested frequently during treatment to monitor the side effects of temozolomide on your blood cells as you may have a small risk of other changes in blood cells, including leukemia.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking temozolomide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using temozolomide as it may make you tired or sleepy.
- Both male and female patients should take effective contraceptive precautions during and after 6 months of treatment. Male patients should seek advice on conservation of sperm prior to treatment as temozolomide treatment may cause infertility.
Temotide Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Temotide 100mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Temotide 100mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Temotide 100mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Temotide 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Temotide 100mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Cautious use is advised in patients with severe kidney disease while they are taking Temotide 100mg Tablet.
Temotide 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Temotide 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Limited information is available on the use of Temotide 100mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Temotide 100mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Temotide Tablet
Temotide is an anti-cancer (antineoplastic or cytotoxic) chemotherapy drug. It is used to treat specific types of brain tumor. It is a radiosensitizer
Temotide is effective and works for patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration as recommended by the doctor
Temotide is given as a capsule and is taken by mouth. It should be administered in the fasting state, at least one hour before meal. It is rapidly metabolized at physiologic pH to the active monomethyl triazenoimidazole carboxamide (MTIC). The half-life (t1/2) in plasma is approximately 1.8 hours
Temotide because of its small size and lipophilic properties is able to cross the blood-brain barrier rapidly and is present in the cerebrospinal fluid
Hair loss is a side effect of using Temotide. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Temotide is a FDA approved drug.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Temotide 100mg Tablet: MDH, TFP, DGN, NNH, BIO, OLT, MPC, MAK, RJH, JVO, PLT, JVN, RSS, RWP, ATL, BHM, BMJ, UMP, WHL, OIP, HGI, AGT, SVH, NWP, DVH, RPI, ARD, PWN, DPP, ZVP, HSP, NSL, TNH, BTM, BBS, SLN, SRG, AMR, JSL, HBV, VNS, IAD, HIP, LHA, PRN, SBA, INC, SGH, SHP, VRS, BSN, WSI, AAY, ZEL, MAM, CLT, AYM, EQN, NTB, ENP, GHR, SDM, ABP, SPD, HNP, P2P, BHP, RDH, KHH, MAX, KMC, OWP, HEX, DHR, BLE, GNC, PPR, NXG, GPP, RUS, OHM, BDN, PMA, SBL, FGH, DLP, RSA, RKS, IPL, GPT, VDH, CHP, USF, DFP, TOM, SGC, LCC, GTK, ADT, GTC, HTS, SJP, AYU, RHL, SWP, GBL, SWA, RPP, BAL, SSA, HAT, SCH, ESY, ANT, RHW, PNT, NVL, NVY, PEN, PVP, JIV, QLF, ATP, DPL, SHC, SHD, KHC, TRP, NAS, NDP, HZF, MLC, MMS, MDO, 9T9, EPS, HMP, PTI, ZPR, RDR, EVP, DAO, SVS, HPC, THP, DYG, QTM, SYN, EMB, MSD, AAR, SAF, STA, BAP