Information about Temozolomide
Temozolomide is used in the treatment of brain tumor.
How Temozolomide works
Temozolomide is an anti-cancer medication. It enters the brain tissues and works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of Temozolomide
Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Headache, Fatigue, Convulsion, Coordination disorder, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Fever, Hair loss, Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body), Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Loss of appetite, Memory loss, Rash, Viral infection, Weakness
Available Medicine for Temozolomide
GliozDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹2386 to ₹254423 variant(s)
TemonatNatco Pharma Ltd
₹6300 to ₹237953 variant(s)
₹2100 to ₹180003 variant(s)
TemodalFulford India Ltd
₹2905 to ₹228283 variant(s)
TemolonCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹1809 to ₹206253 variant(s)
TemoteroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹1779 to ₹202473 variant(s)
₹539 to ₹56253 variant(s)
TemotrustPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹1970 to ₹213233 variant(s)
GliotemSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹439 to ₹47093 variant(s)
GlistromaAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹2534 to ₹197153 variant(s)
Expert advice for Temozolomide
- Temozolomide should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count and liver function.
- Inform your doctor if you experience severe skin rash, fever, chills, headache and shortness of breath during the treatment.