Medicine Overview of Tavin LN Kit
Side effects of Lamivudine
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Ear infection, Nasal infection, Throat infection, Sore throat, Skin rash, Muscle pain, Fever, Chills, Diarrhoea.
How to use Lamivudine
How Tavin LN Kit works
Side effects of Tenofovir
Fatigue, Weakness, Headache, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Muscle pain, Pain, Dizziness, Depression.
How to use Tenofovir
How Tavin LN Kit works
Uses of Nevirapine
Side effects of Nevirapine
Rash, Headache, Decrease in granulocyte count, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Fatigue, Fever, Increased liver enzymes, Diarrhoea.
How to use Nevirapine
How Tavin LN Kit works
In Depth Information on Tavin LN Kit
Expert advice for Lamivudine
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Expert advice for Tenofovir
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat - build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
Expert advice for Nevirapine
- Do not start or continue nevirapine, if you are allergic to nevirapine, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not start or continue nevirapine, if you have severe skin rash or skin rash with fever, blistering, mouth sores, inflammation of the eye, swelling of the face, general swelling, shortness of breath, muscle or joint pain, general feelings of illness or abdominal pain.
- Do not start or continue nevirapine if you have inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), severe liver disease or have a high CD4 cell count.
- Avoid using nevirapine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
You may experience fatigue while taking Tavin LN Kit and this may affect your ability to drive.