food interaction for TAVIN L
alcohol interaction for TAVIN L
pregnancy interaction for TAVIN L
lactation interaction for TAVIN L
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TAVIN L
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TAVIN L
- VONADAY 300 MG/300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 108.17/tabletRs. 3245pay 170% more per tablet
- DINMEK 300MG/300MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 75/tabletRs. 2250pay 88% more per tablet
- TENOLAM TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 47.67/tabletRs. 1430pay 19% more per tablet
- TENVIR L TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 51.67/tabletRs. 1550pay 29% more per tablet
- RICOVIR L 300MG/300MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 53.33/tabletRs. 1600pay 33% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TAVIN L
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Frequently asked questions for TAVIN L
Q.Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Q.Can lamivudine be crushed?
Lamivudine cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Q.Can lamivudine cause anemia?
Lamivudine may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.
Q.Is tenofovir a NRTI?
Yes. Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)
Q.What is tenofovir/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate used for/ What does tenofovir treat?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections. It may also be used in very limited cases of long-term infections of liver caused by hepatitis B virus
Q.Is Viraday safe/ effective?
Viraday is a trade name for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. It is safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is viraday the same as atripla?
Yes. Viraday and atripla are trade names for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. They are used in the treatment of HIV
Q.How does tenofovir work?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). By the virtue of its structure that closely resembles the natural structure of viral DNA, tenofovir incorporates itself into the viral DNA. By doing so, it blocks the activity of an important viral enzyme reverse transcriptase which is involved in the replication of viral DNA, a process essential for survival of the virus
Q.Does tenofovir cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not a known side effect of tenofovir
Q.Does tenofovir cause lipodystrophy?
Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly
Q.How does tenofovir cause renal toxicity/renal failure?
Tenofovir is predominantly excreted by the kidneys. The part of kidneys involved in its excretion is called the proximal tubule. Studies indicate that tenofovir accumulation in the proximal tubule due to interaction with other drugs (eg. ritonavir) or prolonged use is responsible for kidney damage (renal toxicity). The kidney damage may then progress to kidney failure
Q.Does tenofovir cure hepatitis B/ Is viraday effective/does viraday work?
Yes. Viraday is effective against human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and some cases of hepatitis B. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.