Medicine Overview of Tacalsis Ointment
Uses of Tacalsis Ointment
Tacalsis Ointment is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Side effects of Tacalsis Ointment
Burning sensation, Itching, Redness of skin, Local reaction.
How to use Tacalsis Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Tacalsis Ointment works
Tacalcitol is derivative of vitamin D₃ belongs to a class of drugs called antipsoriatics. It binds to the keratinocyte (a type of skin cell) vitamin D receptor to the same extent as the natural vitamin D3. It acts by normalising cell growth and development in the skin. It prevents the excessive growth rate of skin cells that leads to scaling of the skin characteristic of Psoriasis.
In Depth Information on Tacalsis Ointment
Expert advice for Tacalsis Ointment
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had problems with kidneys or have a particular type of psoriasis called generalized pustular psoriasis or taking high doses of vitamin D.
- If tacalcitol is to be used in conjunction with UV treatment then UV radiation should be given in the morning and tacalcitol should be applied at bedtime.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to tacalcitol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient with high level of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia).
Special precautions for Tacalsis Ointment
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Tacalsis Ointment+more
during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Tacalsis Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tacalsis Ointment should be used with caution in patients wi+more
th kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tacalsis Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Tacalsis Ointment in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Tacalsis Ointment is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Tacalsis Ointment is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Tacalcitol, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Tacalsis Ointment
Patients taking Tacalsis Ointment
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Tacalsis Ointment. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Tacalsis
No substitutes found for this medicine