TACALCITOL is used in the treatment of psoriasis (silvery scaly skin rash)
How it works
Tacalcitol is derivative of vitamin D₃ belongs to a class of drugs called antipsoriatics. It binds to the keratinocyte (a type of skin cell) vitamin D receptor to the same extent as the natural vitamin D3. It acts by normalising cell growth and development in the skin. It prevents the excessive growth rate of skin cells that leads to scaling of the skin characteristic of Psoriasis.
Common side effects
Burning sensation, Itching, Erythema, Local reaction
- ₹130 to ₹268Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had problems with kidneys or have a particular type of psoriasis called generalized pustular psoriasis or taking high doses of vitamin D.
- If tacalcitol is to be used in conjunction with UV treatment then UV radiation should be given in the morning and tacalcitol should be applied at bedtime.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to tacalcitol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient with high level of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia).