food interaction for SYNDOPA
alcohol interaction for SYNDOPA
pregnancy interaction for SYNDOPA
lactation interaction for SYNDOPA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SYNDOPA
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SYNDOPA CR 125 TABLET
Patients taking SYNDOPA CR 125 TABLET
- 47%Once A Day
- 19%Twice A Day
- 16%Thrice A Day
- 11%Four Times A Day
- 4%Thrice A week
- 4%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR SYNDOPA
- SYNDOPA PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.21/tabletRs. 22.05save 8% more per tablet
- TIDOMET PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.21/tabletRs. 22.05save 8% more per tablet
- SYNDOPA MD PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.46/tabletRs. 24.64pay 3% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR SYNDOPA
- If you are taking carbidopa with levodopa, do not take iron salts (eg, ferrous sulfate), within 2 hours before or a diet that is high in protein.
- Avoid vitamin products that contain vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). This vitamin may reduce the effectiveness of levodopa.
- Do not use levodopa, if you are allergic to levodopa or any other ingredient.
- Do not use levodopa, if you have narrow-angle glaucoma; if you are suffering from malignant melanoma (a type of cancer); skin cancer or you have any unusual moles; severe mental disorder.
- Do not take levodopa, if you have a history of fits (convulsions); heart problems or blood pressure problems; asthma or other lung problems; liver or kidney problems; blood or hormone (endocrine) problems; depression or any other psychiatric disorder; ulcer in your gut or have vomited blood or stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- If you are undergoing any tests for urine glucose or urine ketones, levodopa may cause the results of some tests to be wrong.
- Levodopa may cause drowsiness, dizziness, light-headedness or sudden sleep. Do not drive or use machinery while using it.
- Do not take alcohol along with levodopa.
Frequently asked questions FOR SYNDOPA
Q. Is levodopa a controlled substance/ a narcotic/ addictive/ lipid soluble/ a dopamine agonist/ a prodrug/ a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)/ toxic/ an anticholinergic?
Levopoda is a lipid soluble prodrug that gets converted into dopamine when it crosses the blood brain barrier. It is not a dopamine agonist, controlled substance, narcotic, MAOI, toxic or anticholinergic. It may cause addiction in some patients
Q. Does levodopa work/ stop tremors?
Levodopa is used to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease which includes tremors (shaking), stiffness, and slowness of movement. It works in most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Q. Does levodopa cause dyskinesia/ dementia/ accelerate Parkinson's disease/ get you high/stop cause constipation/ urine discoloration?
Levopoda may cause side effects such as constipation, a feeling of high in some patients
Q. Does levodopa help with balance?
As levodopa helps in controlling tremors,it can improve balancing in patients.
Q. What is carbidopa used for/ what does carbidopa treat/ Is carbidopa a dopamine agonist/ a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)/ addictive/ a blood thinner?
Carbidopa is used in combination with other drug levodopa to treat symptoms associated with Parkinson disease and parkinsonism-like symptoms caused by other conditions. It is neither a dopamine agonist, nor a MAOI. It can be addictive and cause blood thinning in some patients
Q. Is carbidopa levodopa/ Is carbidopa levodopa a controlled substance/ a MAOI/ a narcotic/ is carbidopa-levodopa addiction?
Carbidopa works by helping levodopa to reach the brain. It is not a controlled substance, a MAOI, a narcotic. Some people may get addicted to carbidopa levodopa treatment for experiencing better sense of well-being
Q. How does carbidopa effect levodopa?
Carbidopa prevents conversion of levodopa to dopamine in the bloodstream, providing a larger amount of levodopa to relieve symptoms of Parkinson's disease
Q. Does carbidopa get you high/lower blood pressure/cause hallucinations/cause constipation?
Carbidopa can get some people high, it can cause side effects such as low blood pressure, hallucinations and constipation
Q. Does carbidopa cross the blood brain barrier?
Carbidopa itself cannot cross the blood brain barrier but it allows peripheral levodopa in doing so
Q. How does carbidopa affect the on-off phenomenon?
Patients treated with levodopa therapy for Parkinson's disease may develop motor fluctuations characterized by end-of-dose failure, peak dose dyskinesia, and akinesia. The advanced form of motor fluctuations ('on-off’ phenomenon) is characterized by unpredictable swings from mobility to immobility. Although the causes of the motor fluctuations are not completely understood, in some patients they may be attenuated by treatment regimens that produce steady plasma levels of levodopa
Q. What does carbidopa levodopa look like?
Carbidopa levopoda is basically available in circular, oval or elliptical form and in different colors and sizes which varies for different brands.