Information about Levodopa + Carbidopa
Levodopa + Carbidopa Uses
Levodopa+Carbidopa is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
How Levodopa + Carbidopa works
Levodopa + Carbidopa is a combination of two medicines: Levodopa and Carbidopa which treats Parkinsonism. Levodopa is a dopamine precursor which gets converted to dopamine, a chemical messenger that controls movement in the brain. Carbidopa is a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor which prevents breakdown of levodopa allowing it to enter the brain and increase dopamine levels.
Common side effects of Levodopa + Carbidopa
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Headache, Abnormal dreams, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abnormality of voluntary movements, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Levodopa + Carbidopa
SyndopaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹17 to ₹458 variant(s)
TidometTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹16 to ₹435 variant(s)
₹12 to ₹312 variant(s)
PardopaMicro Labs Ltd
Levopa CWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
SinemetChandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Levodopa + Carbidopa
- You have been prescribed Levodopa + Carbidopa to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- It can be taken with or without food or as directed by your doctor.
- Reduce/avoid a high-protein diet (e.g. meat, poultry, and dairy products) while you are taking the medicine as it can reduce the amount of medication absorbed by your body.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Levodopa + Carbidopa can make you very sleepy.
- When you start the medication, get out of bed slowly, as the medication may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor. It may result in a serious syndrome that causes fever, stiff muscles, unusual body movements, sweating, and confusion.
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or other changes in your behavior.