Medicine Overview of Soralen Tablet
Side effects of Soralen Tablet
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema, Itching.
How to use Soralen Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Soralen 5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Soralen Tablet works
Soralen 5mg tablet is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Soralen Tablet
Expert advice for Soralen Tablet
- Trioxsalen is a very strong medicine that increases your skin sensitivity to sunlight. Do not use it for sun tanning or to increase tolerance to sunlight; if doing so, do not use trioxsalen for more than 14 days.
- Take this treatment (trioxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking trioxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with trioxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of trioxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trioxsalen may cause dizziness.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting trioxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
- Be careful before applying anything to your skin to treat dryness and itchiness caused by trioxsalen.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Soralen 5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Soralen 5mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactat+more
ion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Soralen 5mg Tablet alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Soralen+more
5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.