SALT INFORMATIONFlunarizine(10 mg)
Flunarizine is used for preventing migraine attacks. It is also effective in reducing the frequency and severity of migraine attacks.
How it works
Flunarizine belongs to the group of medicines called non-selective calcium channel blocker. It blocks the entry of calcium through calcium channels.
Common side effects
Drowsiness, Breast pain, Constipation, Tiredness, Blocked or runny nose, Muscle pain, Aggravation of depression, Increased appetite, Feeling sick, Irregular menstruation, As well as weight gain
- FLUNARIN 10MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)FDC LtdRs. 4.38/tabletRs. 43.75save 51% more per tablet
- FLUNER 10MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Geno Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 50.80/tabletRs. 50.80pay 471% more per tablet
- ZEROGRAIN 10MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 36.30/tabletRs. 36.30pay 308% more per tablet
- MIGRANEX-10 TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 40% more per tablet
- MIGON 10MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 44.10/tabletRs. 44.10pay 396% more per tablet
Do not start or continue the flunarizine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to flunarizine.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are suffering from depression.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Do not drive or operate machinery after taking Flunarizine because you may feel drowsy.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is flunarizine safe in pregnancy?
No, it is not safe in pregnancy. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is flunarizine available in the US/Australia?
Flunarizine is not available in the US/Australia.
Q. What is flunarizine dihydrochloride/flunarizine hydrochloride/flunarizine 5 mg used for?
These are the names of drugs containing flunarizine and used for the treatment of preventing migraine attacks.
Q. Does flunarizine cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause weight gain. Always consult your doctor, if you experience this side effect.
Q. Does flunarizine work?
Flunarizine works at prescribed dose and duration for the treatment of preventing migraine attacks as advised by your doctor.
Q. How long does flunarizine take to work?
It depends on disease severity and lot of other factors.