Information about Flunarizine
Flunarizine is used to prevent migraine.
How Flunarizine works
Migraine headaches are thought to result from the dilatation of blood vessels in the head. Flunarizine works by preventing loss of tone and dilation of blood vessels, thus preventing the migraine headache.
Common side effects of Flunarizine
Sleepiness, Weight gain, Muscle pain, Fatigue, Constipation, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Runny nose, Increased appetite, Depression, Stomach discomfort, Breast pain
Available Medicine for Flunarizine
₹23 to ₹482 variant(s)
FlunerGeno Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹21 to ₹512 variant(s)
ZerograinMankind Pharma Ltd
MigonCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹23 to ₹472 variant(s)
MigranexIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹522 variant(s)
Grenil-FKarnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹362 variant(s)
₹18 to ₹352 variant(s)
ProfigranAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹28 to ₹492 variant(s)
RazinShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20 to ₹402 variant(s)
₹92 to ₹1582 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flunarizine
- You have been prescribed Flunarizine for the prevention of migraine headaches.
- Do not take it to treat an acute attack of migraine.
- Some tips that may help avoid a migraine attack:
- Have your meals at the same time every day
- Avoid bright lights and extreme temperatures
- Avoid loud music and noisy places
- Avoid chocolates, cheese, processed food, alcohol and smoking
- Get sufficient sleep and avoid stress
- It should be taken at night-time before going to bed.
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Flunarizine affects you.
- Notify your doctor if you develop skin rash, muscle aches, tremors, difficulty moving, or abnormal uncontrolled movement.