Information about Flunarizine
Flunarizine is used for Prevention of migraine.
How flunarizine works
Migraine headaches are thought to result from the dilatation of blood vessels in the head. Flunarizine works by preventing loss of tone and dilation of blood vessels, thus preventing the migraine headache.
Common side effects of flunarizine
Sleepiness, Weight gain, Muscle pain, Fatigue, Constipation, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Runny nose, Increased appetite, Depression, Stomach discomfort, Breast pain
Available Medicine for Flunarizine
- ₹22 to ₹48FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹51Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹48Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹52Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹33Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹35Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹50Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹40Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹156Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flunarizine
- You have been prescribed Flunarizine for the prevention of migraine headaches.
- Do not take it to treat an acute attack of migraine.
- Some tips that may help avoid a migraine attack:
- Have your meals at the same time every day
- Avoid bright lights and extreme temperatures
- Avoid loud music and noisy places
- Avoid chocolates, cheese, processed food, alcohol and smoking
- Get sufficient sleep and avoid stress
- It should be taken at night-time before going to bed.
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Flunarizine affects you.
- Notify your doctor if you develop skin rash, muscle aches, tremors, difficulty moving, or abnormal uncontrolled movement.
Frequently asked questions for Flunarizine
Q. Is Flunarizine safe?
Flunarizine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by the doctor.
Q. What is Flunarizine used for?
Flunarizine is a calcium channel blocker and is used to prevent migraine attacks. Migraine is a recurrent throbbing headache that typically affects one side of the head and is often accompanied by nausea and disturbed vision.
Q. Does Flunarizine cause weight gain?
Flunarizine can cause weight gain. It is caused by an increase in appetite (feeling hungry) and can be avoided by keeping to your usual diet. Please consult your doctor if you experience weight gain after taking Flunarizine.
Q. Does Flunarizine work?
Flunarizine works if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.