Medicine Overview of Scarbic Lotion
Uses of Scarbic Lotion
Scarbic Lotion is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Scarbic Lotion
Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin.
How to use Scarbic Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Scarbic Lotion works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of parasites including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
In Depth Information on Scarbic Lotion
Expert advice for Scarbic Lotion
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect colored or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to permethrin or any ingredient of its ingredients.
- It should not given to children <6 months.
Special precautions for Scarbic Lotion
No interaction found
Scarbic Lotion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Scarbic Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Scarbic Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Scarbic Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Scarbic Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Scarbic Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with live+more
r disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Scarbic Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Permethrin Topical, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Scarbic NA Lotion
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Scarbic
No substitutes found for this medicine