Information about Permethrin
How permethrin works
Permethrin is an antiparasitic medication. It works by killing the tiny insects (mites) and their eggs, which cause scabies. It also kills head lice which attach to your scalp and irritate it.
Common side effects of permethrin
Skin burn, Stinging sensation
Available Medicine for Permethrin
- ₹54 to ₹138Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹203Curatio Healthcare India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹123Palsons Derma4 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹135Curatio Healthcare India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹62Menarini India Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹50Leeford Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹84Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹110Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹100Talent India3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹70Mark India4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Permethrin
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect coloured or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Permethrin
Q. Is Permethrin over the counter medicine?
Permethrin is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner.