Information about Permethrin
Permethrin is used in the treatment of scabies.
How permethrin works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of pests including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
Common side effects of permethrin
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Permethrin
- ₹53 to ₹135Galderma India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹114Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹71Monichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹109Signova Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹60Panzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹45Omega Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹66Logos Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹37Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Tripada Biotec Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹70Zee Laboratories3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Permethrin
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect coloured or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Permethrin
Q. Is Permethrin over the counter medicine?
Permethrin is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner.