Medicine Overview of Scabper Lotion
Uses of Scabper Lotion
Scabper Lotion is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Scabper Lotion
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Scabper Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Scabper Lotion works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of pests including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
In Depth Information on Scabper Lotion
Expert advice for Scabper Lotion
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect coloured or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Scabper Lotion
No interaction found
Scabper Lotion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Scabper Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Scabper Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Scabper Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Scabper Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Scabper Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with live+more
r disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Scabper Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Permethrin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Scabper 5% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Permethrin
Scabper is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner.
User Submitted Feedback For Scabper 5% Lotion
Patients taking Scabper Lotion
Once A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?