food interaction for PYRIVIN P
alcohol interaction for PYRIVIN P
pregnancy interaction for PYRIVIN P
lactation interaction for PYRIVIN P
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PYRIVIN P
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PYRIVIN P
- EMISPAN PLUS 125 MG/5 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 0.64/ML of syrupRs. 38.50pay 33% more per ML of syrup
- PROMOL 5MG/125MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Proctor Organics P LtdRs. 0.60/ML of syrupRs. 36.18pay 25% more per ML of syrup
- PARAMAX P 5MG/125MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 0.50/ML of syrupRs. 29.90pay 3% more per ML of syrup
- DIOCALM PLUS 5MG/125MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Divine Lifecare Pvt LtdRs. 0.47/ML of syrupRs. 28save 3% more per ML of syrup
- PROMERON P 5MG/125MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Agron Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 0.34/ML of syrupRs. 20.50save 29% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PYRIVIN P
- Do not take if you are taking any other products that contain paracetamol, or are allergic to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take paracetamol if you drink three or more alcoholic beverages every day.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any skin reaction such as skin reddening, blisters, or rash.
- Do not take paracetamol without consulting your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for PYRIVIN P
Q.Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q.Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q.Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q.Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.
Q.Is promethazine or Promethazine DM syrup a narcotic/opiate/pain killer?
Promethazine is antihistaminic drug and not a narcotic/opiate/pain killer. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is promethazine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Can I take promethazine for a hangover/sore throat/ nausea/stomach flu/cramps/toothache/ headache/ cough/pain?
Promethazine is used for treatment of symptoms of allergies, but not used for hangover, sore throat, stomach flu, cramps, toothache, headache and cough. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take promethazine with Nyquil/ codeine and ibuprofen/ Tylenol/ oxycodone/ Benadryl/ Dayquil/ Zofran/codeine and Nyquil/Xanax?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of promethazine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does promethazine/Promethazine VC have codeine in it?
No, it does not contain codeine in it
Q.Does promethazine or Promethazine DM make you sleepy/ get you high/make you tired?
Promethazine may cause these side effects which are not serious. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.