Medicine Overview of Pexotra Injection
Side effects of Pexotra Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Pharyngitis, Loss of appetite, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Rash, Fatigue, Anemia, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy.
How to use Pexotra Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Pexotra Injection works
Pexotra 100mg injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Pexotra Injection
Expert advice for Pexotra Injection
- You should always take vitamin B12, folic acid, and corticosteroids along with pemetrexed.
- Tell your doctor, if you have been recently vaccinated.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart disease or history of heart disease, kidney or liver disorder.
- Your blood samples will be evaluated to check kidney and liver function and blood cell count before each pemetrexed infusion.
- If you have had or are going to have radiation therapy, tell your doctor, as there may be an early or late radiation reaction with pemetrexed.
- Consult your doctor regarding contraception and ensure to use contraception when on treatment with Pemetrexed and up to 6 months thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Pexotra 100mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pexotra 100mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Pexotra 100mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Pexotra 100mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Pexotra 100mg Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Pexotra 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pemetrexed
No. Pexotra is not a vesicant
Yes. Pexotra is chemotherapy and a cytotoxic drug
Pexotra is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Pexotra is a prescription chemotherapy medication and hair loss is one of the possible side effects.
Substitutes for Pexotra Injection
Pemetero 100mg Injection
Hetero Drugs Ltd
Pemex 100mg Injection
United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Pempro 100mg Injection
Pemcure 100mg Injection
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Pexetrust 100mg Injection
Panacea Biotec Ltd