Medicine Overview of Pertec Cream
Uses of Pertec Cream
Pertec Cream is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Pertec Cream
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Pertec Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Pertec Cream works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of pests including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
In Depth Information on Pertec Cream
Expert advice for Pertec Cream
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect coloured or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Pertec Cream
No interaction found
Pertec Cream is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Pertec Cream is safe to use during lactation. Human studies+more
have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Pertec Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Pertec+more
Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Pertec Cream is safe to use in patients with liver disease.+more
No dose adjustment of Pertec Cream is recommended....
If you miss a dose of Permethrin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Pertec 5% Cream
Frequently asked questions for Permethrin
Pertec is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner.