Medicine Overview of Pemexar Injection
Side effects of Pemexar Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Pharyngitis, Loss of appetite, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Rash, Fatigue, Anemia, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy.
How to use Pemexar Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Pemexar Injection works
Pemexar 500mg injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Pemexar Injection
Expert advice for Pemexar Injection
- You should always take vitamin B12, folic acid, and corticosteroids along with pemetrexed.
- Tell your doctor, if you have been recently vaccinated.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart disease or history of heart disease, kidney or liver disorder.
- Your blood samples will be evaluated to check kidney and liver function and blood cell count before each pemetrexed infusion.
- If you have had or are going to have radiation therapy, tell your doctor, as there may be an early or late radiation reaction with pemetrexed.
- Consult your doctor regarding contraception and ensure to use contraception when on treatment with Pemetrexed and up to 6 months thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Pemexar 500mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pemexar 500mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Pemexar 500mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Pemexar 500mg Injection may make you feel tired and this may affect your ability to drive....
Pemexar 500mg Injection may make you feel tired and this may affect your ability to drive.
Pemexar 500mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Pemexar 500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Pemexar 500mg Injection is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe kidney disease....
Use of Pemexar 500mg Injection is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe kidney disease.
Pemexar 500mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Pemexar 500mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Pemexar 500mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pemetrexed
No. Pemexar is not a vesicant
Yes. Pemexar is chemotherapy and a cytotoxic drug
Pemexar is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Pemexar is a prescription chemotherapy medication and hair loss is one of the possible side effects.
Substitutes for Pemexar Injection
Pexotra 500mg Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Pexitaz 500mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Pemeta 500mg Injection
Pemgem 500mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Pexetrust 500mg Injection
Panacea Biotec Ltd