Medicine Overview of Pemeetron Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Pharyngitis, Loss of appetite, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Low blood platelets, Rash, Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Pemeetron 100mg Injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Pemeetron Injection
- You should always take vitamin B12, folic acid, and corticosteroids along with pemetrexed.
- Tell your doctor, if you have been recently vaccinated.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart disease or history of heart disease, kidney or liver disorder.
- Your blood samples will be evaluated to check kidney and liver function and blood cell count before each pemetrexed infusion.
- If you have had or are going to have radiation therapy, tell your doctor, as there may be an early or late radiation reaction with pemetrexed.
- Consult your doctor regarding contraception and ensure to use contraception when on treatment with Pemetrexed and up to 6 months thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Pemeetron Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pemeetron 100mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Pemeetron 100mg Injection should be used with caution during lactation.
Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Pemeetron 100mg Injection may make you feel tired and this may affect your ability to drive.
Pemeetron 100mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Pemeetron 100mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Pemeetron 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe kidney disease.
Pemeetron 100mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Pemeetron 100mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Pemeetron Injection
No. Pemeetron is not a vesicant
Yes. Pemeetron is chemotherapy and a cytotoxic drug
Pemeetron is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Pemeetron is a prescription chemotherapy medication and hair loss is one of the possible side effects.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Pemeetron 100mg Injection: OLT, HNP, SWP, QTM, NTB, SGH, MLC, SHP, ENP, PTI, JSL, RHW, BHP, HIP, ZEL, PMA, HEX, HZF, BMJ, DFP, RJH, GTC, LHA, HTS, ANT, SRG, UMP, HGI, JVN, IPL, HPC, MAM, GHR, SVS, NXG, PNT, ESY, SJP, MMS, WSI, DVH, MPC, BHM, STA, BSN, HMP, TNH, ATL, SVH, AGT, SLN, PLT, RSA, 9T9, ADT, HBV, KMC, RKS, SDM, SAF, SWA, MDO, NSL, NAS, TRP, ARD, KHC, SBA, PPR, DLP, SCH, DPP, CLT, JVO, GTK, RPI, PVP, RUS, MDH, VDH, MAK, OHM, KHH, HAT, OIP, LCC, BBS, FGH, BAL, PWN, BLE, WHL, USF, BTM, RHL, TFP, AYM, NNH, BIO, SBL, EMB, GNC, BDN, SHC, P2P, VRS, RDH, TOM, AAY, MSD, ABP, ATP, DHR, AAR, BAP, SHD, EQN, GBL, JIV, NVY, RDR, AMR, AYU, NVL, EVP, INC, NDP, IAD, HSP, SGC, RPP, MAX, DPL, OWP, GPP, THP, DGN, RWP, DAO, DYG, ZVP, QLF, RSS, GPT, VNS, PRN, SYN, SSA, PEN