food interaction for PASITREX
alcohol interaction for PASITREX
pregnancy interaction for PASITREX
lactation interaction for PASITREX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PASITREX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PASITREX OINTMENT
Patients taking PASITREX OINTMENT
- 79%Once A Day
- 11%Twice A Day
- 7%Thrice A Day
- 4%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for PASITREX
- HEXIMAR 0.005% W/W OINTMENT(15 GM ointment in tube)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 25.80/GM of ointmentRs. 387pay 92% more per GM of ointment
- PSORIEX OINTMENT(30 GM ointment in tube)Zydus CadilaRs. 28.36/GM of ointmentRs. 850.92pay 111% more per GM of ointment
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PASITREX
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. In case you have been advised to use this drug while breast feeding, do not apply it on breast area.
- Before using calcipotriol, inform your doctor if you are taking ultraviolet (UV) light treatment.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight should be avoided while on this treatment.
- If you have been diagnosed with psoriasis types like ‘generalised pustular psoriasis’ or ‘erythrodermic exfoliative psoriasis’, consult your doctor before using calcipotriol.
- Application of calcipotriol on face is not recommended.
Frequently asked questions for PASITREX
Q.Is calcipotriol a steroid?
No. calcipotriol is not a steroid
Q.Is calcipotriol' over the counter' drug?
No. Calciportiol is not an ‘over the counter' drug. It is available only by prescription
Q.What is calcipotriol used/indicated for?
Calcipotriol is used in treatment of psoriasis (development of red/silver colored scaly patches on skin)
Q.How effective is calcipotriol?
Calcipotriol is considered to be effective when used at the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor
Q.How long does calcipotriol take to work?
For best results calcipotriol is used once/twice daily (as instructed by your doctor). Usually changes in the skin can be seen after around two weeks as the psoriatic patches clear up/flatten. Redness of the skin will also start to reduce then
Q.What is calcipotriol ointment/solution?
Calcipotriol is a drug used in treatment of psoriasis. It is available in different forms like cream, ointment, gel or solution for application to the affected areas of skin or scalp.