Medicine Overview of P.Col Drop
Uses of Chloramphenicol
It is used to treat certain types of serious infections caused by bacteria when other antibiotics cannot be used.
Side effects of Chloramphenicol
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Altered taste.
How to use Chloramphenicol
How P.Col Drop works
Side effects of Prednisolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract.
How to use Prednisolone
How P.Col Drop works
In Depth Information on P.Col Drop
Expert advice for Chloramphenicol
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Antibiotics will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
Expert advice for Prednisolone
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.Inform your doctor: If you have heart, kidney or liver disease, mental disorders or depression, mania or bi-polar disorder, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience low level of alertness after taking prednisolone. The drug can weaken your immune system, making it easier for you to get an infection or worsening an infection you already have or have recently had. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using prednisolone.
- Do not stop using prednisolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Do not keep the eye drops in freezer.
- Do not stop using prednisolone eye drops suddenly after long-term use without first talking to your doctor.
- Do not allow the dropper tip to touch any surface, including the eyes or hands. If the dropper becomes contaminated it could cause an infection in your eye, which can lead to vision loss or serious damage to the eye.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.