Medicine Overview of P Thrin Lotion
Uses of P Thrin Lotion
P Thrin 5% Lotion is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of P Thrin Lotion
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use P Thrin Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How P Thrin Lotion works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of pests including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
In Depth Information on P Thrin Lotion
Expert advice for P Thrin Lotion
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect coloured or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for P Thrin 5% Lotion
No interaction found
P Thrin 5% Lotion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
P Thrin 5% Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
P Thrin 5% Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
P Thrin 5% Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of P Thrin 5% Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
P Thrin 5% Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with l+more
iver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of P Thrin 5% Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Permethrin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for P Thrin 5% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Permethrin
P thrin is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner.
User Submitted Feedback For P Thrin 5% Lotion
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for P Thrin 5% Lotion. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”