Medicine Overview of Ostium K2 Kit
Uses of Ostium K2 Kit
Ostium K2 Kit is used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Side effects of Ostium K2 Kit
Headache, Abdominal distension, Acid reflux, Abdominal pain, Difficulty in swallowing, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Esophageal ulcer.
How to use Ostium K2 Kit
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label before use. It is better to take Ostium K2 Kit empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Ostium K2 Kit works
Ostium k2 kit inhibits the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause loss of bone.
In Depth Information on Ostium K2 Kit
Expert advice for Ostium K2 Kit
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to ibandronic acid or any of the other ingredients of the tablet or injection.
- Take the tablet preferably in the morning on empty stomach or 6 hours post last meal.
- Swallow the tablet with a glass full of plain water only. Do not take it with fruit juice or mineral water or other drinks.
- Do not lie down for about 60 min post having tablet. Also do not eat, drink or take any other medication for the same time.
- Consult your doctor before taking ibandronic acid, if you have a history of problem with mineral supplements e.g. Vitamin D deficiency.
- Do not take ibandronic acid, if you have a history kidney disease; suffer from digestion issues.
- Do not take ibandronic acid, if you are about to have some dental procedures done.
- Avoid using ibandronic acid, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
Special precautions for Ostium K2 Kit
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Ostium K2 Kit.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ostium K2 Kit may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ostium K2 Kit is probably safe to use during lactation. Lim+more
ited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Ostium K2 Kit does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Ostium K2 Kit should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ostium K2 Kit may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
No dose adjustment is recommended for patients with mild or moderate renal impairment....
No dose adjustment is recommended for patients with mild or moderate renal impairment.
Ostium K2 Kit is probably safe to use in patients with liver+more
disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ostium K2 Kit may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genticyn 80mg Injection, Jectocos 50mg Injection, Acmacin 100mg Injection, Amicom 250mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Ibandronic Acid, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Ostium K2 150mg Kit
Frequently asked questions for Ibandronic Acid
Ostium k2 is used to treat and prevent bones from becoming weak and brittle (osteoporosis) in menopausal women
Ostium k2 belongs to a class of medication called bisphosphonates. It prevents breakdown of the bones. It also increases the density of the bones thus preventing osteoporosis. It is also used to treat high calcium levels in the blood due to secondary bone cancer and metastasis of bone due to breast cancer
Ostium k2 is not a steroid
Ostium k2 150 mg is a tablet which is to be taken once a month.
User Submitted Feedback For Ostium K2 150mg Kit
Patients taking Ostium K2 Kit
Once A Day
Once A Month
Once A Week
Substitutes for Ostium K2
No substitutes found for this medicine