Information about Ibandronic Acid
Ibandronic acid uses
Ibandronic Acid is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. It treats osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men at high risk of fractures.
How ibandronic acid works
Ibandronic Acid is a bisphosphonate. It acts by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Common side effects of ibandronic acid
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Headache, Heartburn, Difficulty in swallowing
Available Medicine for Ibandronic Acid
- ₹270 to ₹390Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹292Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹164 to ₹2762Natco Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹195Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹252 to ₹2000Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹150Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2703Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198Medsol India Overseas Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹168Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199Maverick Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ibandronic Acid
- Take Ibandronic Acid in the morning on an empty stomach with water.
- Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after taking Ibandronic Acid.
- Maintain an upright posture for 30 minutes after taking Ibandronic Acid.
- Inform your doctor if you experience pain in jaw, throat, chest, abdomen, hips or thighs.
- Inform your doctor if you are about to undergo any major dental procedures, as Ibandronic Acid may need to be discontinued temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Ibandronic Acid
Q. What is Ibandronic Acid used for?
Ibandronic Acid is used to treat and prevent bones from becoming weak and brittle (osteoporosis) in menopausal women
Q. How does Ibandronic Acid work?
Ibandronic Acid belongs to a class of medication called bisphosphonates. It prevents breakdown of the bones. It also increases the density of the bones thus preventing osteoporosis. It is also used to treat high calcium levels in the blood due to secondary bone cancer and metastasis of bone due to breast cancer
Q. Is Ibandronic Acid a steroid?
Ibandronic Acid is not a steroid
Q. What is Ibandronic Acid 150 mg?
Ibandronic Acid 150 mg is a tablet which is to be taken once a month.