Information about Ibandronic Acid
Ibandronic acid uses
Ibandronic Acid is used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.
How ibandronic acid works
Ibandronic acid inhibits the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause loss of bone.
Common side effects of ibandronic acid
Headache, Abdominal distension, Acid reflux, Abdominal pain, Difficulty in swallowing, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Esophageal ulcer
Available Medicine for Ibandronic Acid
- ₹250 to ₹390Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹266Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹164 to ₹2631Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹195Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹252Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2500Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198Medsol India Overseas Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹531Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199Maverick Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹239Vivid Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ibandronic Acid
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to ibandronic acid or any of the other ingredients of the tablet or injection.
- Take the tablet preferably in the morning on empty stomach or 6 hours post last meal.
- Swallow the tablet with a glass full of plain water only. Do not take it with fruit juice or mineral water or other drinks.
- Do not lie down for about 60 min post having tablet. Also do not eat, drink or take any other medication for the same time.
- Consult your doctor before taking ibandronic acid, if you have a history of problem with mineral supplements e.g. Vitamin D deficiency.
- Do not take ibandronic acid, if you have a history kidney disease; suffer from digestion issues.
- Do not take ibandronic acid, if you are about to have some dental procedures done.
- Avoid using ibandronic acid, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ibandronic Acid
Q. What is Ibandronic Acid used for?
Ibandronic Acid is used to treat and prevent bones from becoming weak and brittle (osteoporosis) in menopausal women
Q. How does Ibandronic Acid work?
Ibandronic Acid belongs to a class of medication called bisphosphonates. It prevents breakdown of the bones. It also increases the density of the bones thus preventing osteoporosis. It is also used to treat high calcium levels in the blood due to secondary bone cancer and metastasis of bone due to breast cancer
Q. Is Ibandronic Acid a steroid?
Ibandronic Acid is not a steroid
Q. What is Ibandronic Acid 150 mg?
Ibandronic Acid 150 mg is a tablet which is to be taken once a month.