Information about Ibandronic Acid
Ibandronic Acid Uses
Ibandronic Acid is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. It treats osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men at high risk of fractures.
How Ibandronic Acid works
Ibandronic Acid is a bisphosphonate. It works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bones and minimizes the risk of fractures.
Common side effects of Ibandronic Acid
Headache, Back pain, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Indigestion, Heartburn, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ibandronic Acid
₹76 to ₹4694 variant(s)
BandroneNatco Pharma Ltd
₹164 to ₹27623 variant(s)
GemidroAlkem Laboratories Ltd
FlurishDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
BonimetIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
VebaloneSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹252 to ₹20002 variant(s)
Iban PlusMedsol India Overseas Pvt Ltd
BonriseTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MonthibaPanacea Biotec Ltd
IbawinIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ibandronic Acid
- Your doctor has prescribed Ibandronic Acid to make your bones stronger and lower the risk of fractures.
- Take it in the morning at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
- Maintain an upright posture for 30 minutes after taking the medication so the medicine does not irritate your food pipe.
- It may cause the amount of calcium in your blood to fall. Take calcium-rich food in your diet and have regular blood tests to monitor the level of calcium in your blood.
- It is important to look after your mouth and teeth while you are taking this medicine. Have regular dental check-ups and inform your dentist about taking Ibandronic Acid.