Medicine Overview of Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
Side effects of Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Anemia, Reduced blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Oncoplatin AQ Infusion works
Oncoplatin aq 50mg infusion is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
Expert advice for Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion is usafe to use during lactation+more
. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting which could affect your ability to drive....
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting which could affect your ability to drive.
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion is probably safe to use in patie+more
nts with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Cisplatin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Cisplatin
Oncoplatin aq is a polar molecule
Yes, Oncoplatin aq is light sensitive and must be stored properly.
Oncoplatin aq is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q. Does Oncoplatin aq cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Oncoplatin aq can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Substitutes for Oncoplatin AQ Infusion
Slatin 50mg Infusion
Venus Remedies Ltd
₹3.15/ml of Infusion
Platikem 50mg Infusion
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹4.64/ml of Infusion
Cisteen 50mg Infusion
Vhb Life Sciences Inc
₹6.19/ml of Infusion
Kemoplat 50mg Infusion
Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹6.33/ml of Infusion
Cytoplatin 50mg Infusion
₹6.71/ml of Infusion