food interaction for OLVANCE CT
alcohol interaction for OLVANCE CT
pregnancy interaction for OLVANCE CT
lactation interaction for OLVANCE CT
Taking Chlorthalidone with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OLVANCE CT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for OLVANCE CT 20MG/12.5MG TABLET
Patients taking OLVANCE CT 20MG/12.5MG TABLET
- 85%Once A Day
- 15%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for OLVANCE CT
- OLMIN CH 20 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 9.68/tabletRs. 96.80save 11% more per tablet
- OLMEZEST CH 20 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.90/tabletRs. 109same price
- OLMESAR CH 20 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.45/tabletRs. 104.50save 4% more per tablet
- OLKEM-20 CT TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99save 9% more per tablet
- OMEN CT 20MG/12.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.20/tabletRs. 82save 25% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for OLVANCE CT
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for OLVANCE CT
Q.What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q.Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q.Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q.Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.
Q.What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q.Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q.Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.