Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone
Information about Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone
Olmesartan medoxomil + chlorthalidone uses
Olmesartan Medoxomil+Chlorthalidone is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How olmesartan medoxomil + chlorthalidone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Olmesartan and chlorthalidone which lower blood pressure effectively. Olmesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of olmesartan medoxomil + chlorthalidone
Nausea, Taste change, Diarrhea, Stomach upset, Weakness, Headache, Dizziness, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Glucose intolerance, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone
- ₹125 to ₹206Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹111 to ₹205Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹204Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹93 to ₹195Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹219Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹157Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹176USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹211Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹206Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹223Abbott3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone
- You have been prescribed Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Olmesartan Medoxomil + Chlorthalidone during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.